Did you know that Blackberry Z10 supports Android apps? Yes, it’s true, You can install Android Apps on Blackberry Z10 Smartphone. This is because the Z10 has an in-built Android emulator. But a Z10 will not directly support android apps or games. In order to install any android app, you need to follow certain steps. Before starting, you should have the following things
Minimum Requirements before install Android Apps on Blackberry Z10 Smartphone[check_list]
- A computer running on Windows XP or Later (the process for Mac OS is a bit complex)
- JRE(Java Runtime Environment) installed on your computer, which can be downloaded from here.
- Installed vnBB10, which can be downloaded from here.
Now lets see step by step tutorial on How to install Android Apps on Blackberry Z10 Smartphone here.
How to install Android Apps on Blackberry Z10 Smartphone
- Open your Z10 and go to settings and then to security. There you will find an option called Develop Mode. Turn on this option and you will be asked to give a password. Try to remember this password.
- After turning the Developer mode, use the USB cable to connect the phone to the PC. Then open the Blackberry App market website and download the apps or games you desire in BAR format.
- After downloading the apps, you’ll need another app called DDPB installer. Download this app and install it. On opening the software you’ll find a scan button and a password field. Hit the scan button to obtain your device’s IP address. If the Z10 is in Developer mode, finding the IP will then take only a few seconds to find the IP address. Once it is found, enter the password you were asked to remember, and then enter the connect button. After hitting the connect button, you will see the name of the device, the OS’s current version and the pin number of the phone.
- This is the very last step. This is where you load all your desirable apps onto your Z10. On the top of the DDPB software you’ll find an ADD button. Click on that button. All the apps downloaded by you on your device will be shown on a list. Select the apps you want to install. If you want to install all, select all. Then hit the Install button at the bottom of the screen. The installation time should be between a few seconds to at most 10 minutes depending on the size of the app. A 50 MB game takes around 5 minutes to install. Once the installation process is finished, you are good to go.
The Blackberry Z10 is the first mobile phone ever to support apps from different OS. It is handy because there are a lot of apps that still not available on the Blackberry world like Instagram, Amazon Kindle e-Reader or Temple. With this provision, everyone will be able to enjoy all the famous apps on their Blackberry Z10 as well.
Hope you like our article to install Android Apps on Blackberry Z10 Smartphone, Please share your feedback in comment section.