Look at the back of your phone no matter which model of the iPhone it is. The iPhone 5, 5c, 5s and the original iPhone will have the IMEI number engraved at the back of the phone. If you are using an older version of the iPhone then check the SIM card tray of your iPhone 3G, 3Gs, 4 OR 4s.
How to find IMEI number of your stolen iPhone
Now if you have lost your phone and do not know how to retrieve its IMEI number then the steps to do are really easy and simple. To retrieve this number you have to have at least one device back up available in iTunes on your computer. After you are certain of that follow the following steps:
- You have to begin the process by launching iTunes on the computer which contains the back up. https://www.apple.com/in/itunes
- Then you must follow the first step by going to the iTunes Menu.
- From there you must go to Preferences option and then select the Devices Tab. In the Device Tab you will find your iTunes back up being displayed under the Device Back up section.
- Then you should hover the mouse over all of the Back ups one by one and let the contents be displayed before you.
- Amongst all the contents which get displayed you will find that your IMEI number will present among other details present there.
Thus you can with relative ease get your IMEI Number.
If you want to find the IMEI number on your phones then you can find it in a simple and easy way. First you have to go to the Setting Tab. This is usually located on your home screen itself. Then you have to go on and tap on General which has to be followed by typing “About” in the General Menu. From here you have to tap on IMEI. Doing this will display your IMEI number you could copy it in your phones clipboard .To do this press and hold the IMEI button in the About Menu and a message will be shortly made to appear showing that the number has been copied.