The popular mobile application WhatsApp (www.whatsapp.com) is now available to be on desktop. Use WhatsApp on desktop with chrome and is an extension of the regular mobile experience. It is a completely web based feature and this implies that there is absolutely no need to download any files or such things on your computer.
How to Use WhatsApp on Desktop with Chrome
In order to make use of the incredible feature of WhatsApp on your pc through chrome you have to perform the following steps:
- You must upgrade your WhatsApp to the latest version, you need WhatsApp v2.11.498 or above. What is really interesting to note is that you do need the application on your phone to avail of this service, unlike Skype or Google Hangouts.
- Now you have to open Google Chrome browser and go to web.whatsapp.com and you will see QR code
- In order for your web client to work your phone needs to be connected to the internet. Go to WhatsApp Messenger on your phone, go to Menu and then click ‘WhatsApp Web”.
- The negative of this feature is that if the battery of your phone finishes mid-conversation then so will your chances to reply.
- After this you have to scan to the QR code which is on web.whatsapp.com from the WhatsApp Web option.
- Next you have click on “OK GOT IT” and the QR code scanning continue.
- Within a few seconds the process will be complete and you will see that you are being able to use the WhatsApp Messenger on you PC through Google Chrome.
- The best feature of this service is you do not have to add any additional software on your phone like an “add on” or any other such addition.
It’s just a mirror image of WhatsApp Mobile. The instructions are easy to follow and you will be able to download it. The negative side to it is that it is not available for iPhone’s and that it is risky to use in public. The advantage is you can type much faster through desktop keypads and send pictures and videos at an amazing speed.