Samsung recently released Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean (XWLSJ) official firmware update for Samsung Galaxy S2 (GT-I9100). Jelly Bean is the latest Android OS right now in the market and therefore it is important to know how to upgrade Samsung Galaxy S2 to Android Jelly Bean.
How to Upgrade Samsung Galaxy S2 to Android Jelly Bean (4.1.2)
- Version: 4.1.2
- CSC: I9100OXXLS7
- PDA: I9100XWLSJ
- A Windows PC
- Internet connection
- Samsung Galaxy S2 (GT-I9100)
- Original USB cable for S2
Points to remember:[check_list]
- Backup all your personal data like applications, SMS, images, videos, sms etc. starting the update procedure.
- Enable USB debugging on your Samsung Galaxy S2 device.
- Disable all the security softwares like antivirus and firewalls running on your computer and on your Samsung Galaxy S2 device.
- Galaxy S2 USB drivers should be installed on your computer.
- Make sure your Galaxy S2 device has at least 80% of battery life
- Installing Jelly Bean will remove the root access on the device.
- Download two important things from the internet – Android 4.1.2 for Samsung Galaxy S2 GT-I9100 from here and Odin v3.07 from here. Extract both the extract the zip files.
- Switch off the phone, press and hold the Volume Down, the Home button and the Power button simultaneously to bring the phone in Download mode.
- Connect Galaxy S2 to your computer via the USB cable (check whether the ID: COM section turns yellow) and run the Odin software as Administrator.
- In Odin, do the following things
- Click on the PDA and select the CODE. tar file
- Click on Phone and select the MODEM file
- Click on CSC and select the CSC file
- Click on PIT and select the .pit file
- Select the Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time checkboxes are selected
- Click on the Start button and begin the installation process.
Restart your Galaxy S2 after the installation is over. You can unplug your device from the computer once you see the Samsung logo is appearing on the screen. So be totally sure whether Jelly Bean has been updated on your S2, to Settings, select the “About phone” option and check out the “Android version”. So this is basically all the steps that you need to know in order to upgrade Samsung Galaxy S2 to Android Jelly Bean 4.1.2 XWLSJ firmware.