There has been a lot of speculation recently about the latest release from the house of Honda until it was recently released on April 12th, 2013. The Honda Amaze features the legendary diesel engine (for the diesel variant) which is claimed by the company to be the most fuel efficient release of the country rated at 25.8 KMPL. Experts anticipate the Amaze to be the largest selling car in the compact sedan class category in the coming quarter of 2013. The base model of the diesel variant has been priced at an aggressive INR 5.99 lakhs. However, the petrol variant can be availed at an ex-showroom price of about INR 4.99 lakhs.
Honda Amaze Features and Specifications
The most important of all Honda Amaze features is its highly anticipated 1.5 litre engine. A few Honda Amaze specifications:
- 16 Valves Engine with 1.5L Cylinder and has been specially constructed for the Indian automobile market.
- I-DTEC engine having peak torque output of 200 Nm.
Some more Honda Amaze specifications:
- With the new Amaze, Honda finally opens up its diesel sedan market in India
- This car claims to be the most fuel efficient in the country being rated at 25.8 kilometres per litre as per ARAI
- The car is available in both petrol and diesel variants. A total of 10 different models( 6 petrol + 4 diesel)
- The Petrol engine of the new Amaze is rated at 88 BHP at 6000 RPM while the diesel engine features about 98.6 BHP at 3000 RPM.
- Available in Majestic blue, Carnelian Red Pearl, Crystal black pearl, urban titanium, Taffeta white etc and many more exciting shades.
- New improved model from existing Honda cars with advanced ABS and EBD that the Honda Amaze features.
- Very attractive price range for a compact sedan car in the country
- 5 speed manual transmission is offered and the petrol model even offers a 5 speed automatic transmission which is a very sough after specification in this part of the world
- The price is definitely very reasonable for the features that are being offered by Honda. The Engine is fuel efficient to say the least and is the biggest of all Honda Amaze
- The Build Quality has been highly praised prior to the release. The Service Network of Honda is very reliable.
Automatic Climate control is one of the most innovative features that the new Amaze is going to miss out. The Dashboard is very primitive, with minimal improvements from lower models like the Brio. The Diesel Engine is very noisy.